Diva Prep Guide
We want to thank you for choosing Boudoir by Angel Eyes and we’re really excited to work with you and show you what our studio is all about. We’re confident that you are going to love your experience with us!
There are so many reasons to do a boudoir session: To fall in love with yourself, celebrate weight loss, reclaiming your confidence, a gift for your significant other, or just because you want to!
We believe that your photos will be more than just another snapshot. Your photos will bring to
life the true essence of what it means to be a strong, confident and beautiful woman.
Moments that will be yours to cherish for a lifetime!
If there’s one thing we know, it’s that confidence is key to amazing photographs.
So many women forget what it’s like to feel beautiful and strong. We get too busy with our lives,
our family and our jobs, which is why your session is designed to remind you that you are special,
beautiful and desirable. We will show you how to bring out the inner model that
lives inside all of us. We also provide professional hair and makeup services, because
it’s not only about how you look, but rather how you feel about the way you look.
Confidence and self acceptance is a beautiful thing.
A Boudoir session should be a stress-free experience. But there are some things to
consider before your session.
What do I wear?
The most common question we get asked is “What do I wear?” It’s important to find outfits that fit you well rather than grabbing that babydoll that’s been sitting in your closet for a few years.
Remember Boudoir doesn’t always have to be just about lingerie, in fact, you can be super sexy just wearing a jacket or robe! From crop tops and booty shorts to your favorite dress and heels; no matter the outfit, if you feel comfortable and beautiful, the photos will be stunning.
You could take a trip out to your local lingerie store - Bras n Things have got some amazing little numbers you can check out! Tell them you’re shopping for a boudoir shoot. It’s their job to help you, and they’re happy to do so. Try on a lot of different outfits, keep an open mind, and the experience will surprise you!
Don’t forget the little things: your favorite winter jumper, knee-high socks,
thigh-high stockings or a special piece of jewelry. Maybe you’re doing this as a wedding gift for your fiancé. A veil, wedding shoes, engagement ring, are all awesome add ons that they would die for. All these things will make awesome additions to many outfits and also make the shoot more you!
Are you doing this for a special someone? They will love to see you in something that’s theirs or something they bought for you. Their team’s jersey, dress shirt, a piece of jewelry, all some great ideas that they will totally love.
Avoid trying a new haircut, colour, or style before your session. Mistakes happen
and these features cannot be fixed in post production.
Manicure & Pedicure
If you want your nails done, book your appointment for a couple days before your session. I would suggest steering clear of neons or bright colours, a solid colour that goes with your outfits is a great choice.
Don’t forget, your toes will be visible for your boudoir shoot as well. It’s a good idea to get a pedicure the same day as your manicure. Our feet too often get forgotten.
It’s totally fine to pass on a manicure or pedicure as well. They’re not to everyone’s style. Instead, just cut, file, and make sure there is no dirt under your fingernails before your shoot. For your feet, break out the pumice stone and scrub them down.
Waxing or shaving
Something we’ve been asked is:
“Which hair removal method is best, and how soon before my session should I do it?”
A Brazilian wax, bikini, or underarm wax should be done 5 – 7 days before your session. Waxing creates tiny wounds below the surface of your skin. Skin irritation, redness, and soreness from waxing can take a few days to fade.
Eyebrows are one of the biggest defining factors of your face. Book a brow wax about a week before your session. That way, any irritation will be cleared up by the time of your shoot.
Waxing might not be everyone’s cup of tea. If you choose to shave, it should be done the night before your session or even the morning of your session.
Skin care - Sunburn, tanning, tattoos & piercings
For the best outcome of your photos, be mindful of the sun before your session. Harsh tan lines and sunburns are very hard to edit out.
Skip the tanning bed! They might be tempting, but it is not worth risking a burn.
Getting tattoos and piercings before a boudoir session is not the best idea. Keep in mind there is always risk of infection, swelling, or rejection with tattoos and piercings. These ailments can drastically affect your shoot and experience.
Don’t introduce anything new to your morning/day/night routines for at least 2 weeks before your session. The last thing you need is an allergic reaction or breakout.
A huge DO NOT for a boudoir session is getting a spray tan!
I know, they can look really cool, but on camera, they often show up very orange and streaky.
Save your money; rock your natural skin tone at your session.
The days leading up to your session
1. Pack your bag – double and triple check you have everything you want packed.
2. Keep hydrated and moisturized. This includes lip balm. Dry skin and chapped lips are easily avoidable. Drink lots of water for a healthy glow on the day of your session.
3. Clean your jewelry! Many women have daily wear jewelry they will wear for their session. Give them a clean before your session so they’re nice and sparkling for the camera.
4. Stretch. This may seem silly, but when was the last time you stretched? Boudoir is a lot more physical than you think. There are a lot of positions that do require some flexibility. Stretch once or twice a day leading up to your session to avoid any sore muscles after your shoot.
The night before your session
1. Get your beauty sleep. Baggy and puffy eyes definitely show up on camera. Go to bed early. Read a book, have some tea, relax, and have a good night’s rest.
2. If you didn’t get waxed now is the time to shave; the closer to your session, the better.
3. Don’t drink or party hard. There is nothing worse than trying to feel beautiful and your best self while hung over. We have all been there. One glass of wine can easily lead to a bottle. Skip it. Have a “you” night.
4. Eat a healthy dinner. Basic dinners can be boring, but this is one night you don’t want to risk upsetting your stomach by experimenting with hot sauces and cheese.
The day of your session
1. Wear loose clothes. No tight bra or panties. They all leave pressure lines on your body.
2. Eat before your session, but keep it light and healthy.
3. Wear clear deodorant
• Know where you’re going for your session. Don’t leave looking up the location until the last minute. Calculate how long it’ll take to get there. Prepare to be 10 minutes early just in case.
• Arrive with a clean face and hair. Remove all traces of your makeup from the night before, and have no product in your hair. This will help your stylist have a clean canvas to work with and have you looking your best!
What happens next?
Next time we see you, will be the day of your session! We’re super excited and hope you are too! We would have booked in an in-person viewing and ordering appointment time at our consultation, but if we haven’t, we’ll talk to you more about that soon.
At this appointment, Mel will show you the best pictures from your session on a big screen, and you'll see yourself like never before! You might feel very emotional. She’ll help you choose the images you want to keep and advise on the best arrangement for a photo album or a wall gallery. We have a selection of collections that you can choose from which include products such as photo albums, acrylic tiles and little print box sets.
Ordering in person allows us to help you decide, and you get to see and feel what the products are.
To make it easier on you, we offer payment plans for our session fee and all of our collections, plus if you’ve set up a Boudie Bank with us, you could quite possibly have your heart’s desired collection already prepaid! Our collections are designed to give you images and products together at a discounted price. They range from $749 to $7,999, with our most popular collection being only $34 per week over 24 months! Don’t worry, we will provide you with a detailed Investment Menu on the day of your session, if you haven’t already received it!
Delivery of your final product takes between 2 and 4 weeks, but I assure you, it is worth the wait! That’s all from us for now, if you have any questions before our session, please don’t hesitate to call Mel direct on 0400 551 445. Cheers to the strong, confident woman that we know you are!
xxx Mel & Dave
Boudoir by Angel Eyes